An important update.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on linkedin

So I think it’s safe to say that it’s been a scary and unprecedented time over the past two weeks. I have come to realise that we have been faced with a decision with regards to the café; that we would either have to let the campaign run its planned course, not hit the target, lose all the hard work that we’d done and have to revisit the project once more in the future, or to do something different. I have been speaking back and forth with the staff at Crowdfunder this week in an attempt to come up with a solution. It’s been difficult for me to make a decision as I didn’t want to mislead anyone that had already given their donations and support to the project – so I have also been consulting with yourselves on our Facebook page. 

After the feedback and much thought, I have decided to withdraw our campaign from the Bring it 2020 competition. As much as I would have loved to be a part of it as planned, the effects of the recent circumstances have naturally taken priority over everything else – an event that nobody could have anticipated – and unfortunately being part of the competition meant that we would likely not reach our target the way that things were going. We had press releases, announcements and plans that have just had to be pushed back as a result of the coronavirus, which is a shame but obviously everyone’s health is the number one priority. 

But I’m not ready to give up just yet, and so I have decided to switch this campaign over to the standard Back her Business programme instead of their Bring it 2020 competition. The deadline has been extended to the end of April in an attempt to compensate for what we have lost. What does this all mean? Well withdrawing from the competition has meant that the grant funding has been revoked (that’s £500 gone), but with the standard programme, we could receive up to 50% funding towards our £10k goal if we are able to reach certain milestones. 

In the standard Back her Business programme, we will:

  • Receive £1000 in funding after we have reached 25% of our target goal
  • Get a further £1500 once we reach 50% 
  • And get another £2500 once we have reached 100 total supporters.  

That’s a total of £5000 in potential funding, and all we have to do is raise £3’900 with at least 100 supporters by the end of April to definitely make the cat café happen! 

Our new closing date is April 30th, and because the amount of supporters now matters, it would really help, if you have already donated (thank you so much!!!), to mention it to a friend or family member. Even a £1 donation helps us!

Again, a huge thank you to everyone that has donated so far, I will be able to pay back your kindness via the café once we are up and running. In the meantime stay safe, I hope you are all well and I am sending you all my best wishes. Let’s keep going with this and look forward to the future. After all this stress, you deserve to get excited about cakes, cats and the community.  

Jess xxx

Would you like a cat cafe in Newquay?

1 thought on “An important update.”

Leave a Reply

Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

This website uses cookies to give you the best possible experience. Learn more.